95.3 / 88.5 FM Grand Rapids and 95.3 FM Muskegon
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Woman, dog found dead; suspected carbon monoxide exposure

Police car bar lights photo
Edward Kimmel via Flickr | CC BY 2.0

A 78-year-old southwestern Michigan woman and her dog have died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Anna Bacchiocci's son and daughter-in-law found her body Sunday afternoon in an Oronoko Township home, southwest of Grand Rapids.

Police say in a release Monday that officers investigating the death also found the woman's dog and quickly evacuated the home which was later found to have hazardous carbon monoxide levels.

Authorities are looking into whether Bacchiocci's car was left accidentally running in the home's attached garage.

Bacchiocci's son and daughter-in-law, two police officers and two firefighters were treated for carbon monoxide exposure.

Related Content