Who makes the best noodles in Grand Rapids? Noodle Fest 2022 has the answer
The event, which celebrates noodle dishes from across Asia, runs from 12-5pm at Sixth Street Park. Attendees can fill their stomachs and vote for the best noodles in Grand Rapids. Each dish will be priced at $5.
Noodle Fest 2022 kicks off in Grand Rapids on Saturday, February 26. The event, which features noodle dishes from across Asia, is a fundraiser for the Grand Rapids Asian Pacific Foundation (GRAPF).
The event runs from 12-5pm at Sixth Street Park, where attendees can fill their stomachs and vote for the best noodles in Grand Rapids. Each dish will be priced at $5.
"There’s so much diversity in our community. This is our way of showcasing that and raising funds for our festival here in June," Ace Marasigan, Director of GRAPF said.
Ty Nguyen, owner of PHỞ 616 Grand Rapids in Grand Rapids' Downtown Market, is one of this year's seven competitors. While he's hopeful he'll walk away with the victory, he explained the day is more about unifying the community and celebrating the diverse cultures that create it.
"A lot of these sub Asian communities and everything are definitely alive and well. It’s nice that we know that these pockets of communities do exist, and they offer great experiences. Not everybody is steak and potatoes, so if you want to try something different you can," he said.
Marasigan adds the event is also a great way to support local, minority businesses by getting their names out into the community.
"Something that a lot of Asian communities share is the love of the community, community building where we all pull in our resources to just help a person move their idea or move them to a place where they can do more for their community," he said.
Noodle Fest competitors and their dishes are listed below:
- PHỞ 616 Grand Rapids: Pho Ga / Vietnamese chicken noodle Soup (Gluten Free)
- Legacy Noodles: Kha Poon Noodles / Hmong chicken coconut curry with vermicelli noodle
- Adobo Boy GR - Filipino Food: Pancit Canton / Filipino style stir-fried egg noodles
- Festival Fixx: Pork Red Curry with Rice Noodles (Gluten Free)
- Rak Thai: Shoyu Ramen
- Amazing Myanmar Asian Cuisine: Burmese Shan Noodles
- Lao Lahanam Association: Thai River Boat Noodle / Clear pork broth with rice noodles (Gluten Free)