Man charged in Michigan shootings told wife: Watch the news
A man charged with killing six people in a series of shootings in southwestern Michigan had warned his wife she wouldn't be able to return to work and their children couldn't go back to school — and she'd understand everything by watching TV news.
Carole Dalton told investigators she was stumped by what Jason Dalton told her the night of the shootings.
At that time, the first shooting had already occurred.
The details are in documents released Monday by the Kalamazoo County sheriff's office, responding to a public records request by The Associated Press and others.
Jason Dalton is charged with murder and attempted murder in the Kalamazoo-area shootings Feb. 20 outside a restaurant and at a car lot.
Two people survived, including a woman shot elsewhere.