Aquinas College celebrates the dedication of the its new science building
Grand Rapids’ Aquinas College celebrated the renovation and expansion of Albertus Magnus Hall of Science. The $58 million Gold LEED-certified building $ doubles the square footage of Albertus Hall for a total of more than 89,000 square feet.
Albertus Hall was originally built in 1959, with its upgrades it will prepare students for STEM careers featuring 15 teaching laboratories, six research labs for each science discipline, 11 classrooms, offices and the new home for the college’s Center for Sustainability.
Pushing the project to the finish line is a $3 million gift from Peter and Carolyn Sturrus. The largest gift from an individual donor in the 135-year history of the school.
The new Albertus Hall will provide space for in-demand programs including biochemistry, molecular biology, data analytics, environmental studies, health science and geospatial technologies.